VET Certificates at AtwellCollege
In 2014, students atAtwellCollegehave the opportunity to study one of eight nationally recognised industry qualifications across six industries.
Students in Year 10 have the opportunity to select the Certificate I Business, delivered by Mr Steve Dimech or the Certificate I in Visual Arts delivered by Mr Kimbar.
Year 11 and 12 ATAR and VET students can choose from a diverse range of certificate II and III qualifications delivered at the College.
- Certificate II in Sport and Recreation is delivered by Mr Aaron Harwood, Mr Michael Guthrie, Mr Adam Zen and Ms Nicole Roberts.
- Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation is delivered by Mr David Winter.
- Certificate II in Hospitality (Kitchen Operations) is delivered by Ms Susan Leach
- Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology (IT) is delivered by Mr Dylan Tilbury
- Certificate II in Business is delivered by Mr Darren Smith and Mr Payman Hasani
- Certificate II in Visual Arts (Current Year 12s only) is delivered by Mr Michael Kimbar.
- Certificate III in Visual Arts is delivered by Mr Michael Kimbar.
These teachers have all completed their Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and have recent industry experience and knowledge.
It is important to note that all the qualifications listed above are two year programs and the students who start in 2014 must select the certificate again for Year 12 and complete all Units of Competency to be awarded the full qualification.
The ability of AtwellCollegeto deliver a Certificate III in Visual Arts is a credit to talented Mr Michael Kimbar and the Arts Department at Atwell College. Mr Michael Kimbar is an award-winning sculptural artist who has developed a program in partnership with Central Institute of Technology that meets the rigorous compliance requirements for this level of qualification. Students who have selected the Certificate III in Visual Arts will learn how to create two and three dimensional forms in a variety of visual art mediums using skills in drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, ceramics and design.
The photos are of mixed media landscapes created recently by the Year 11 Certificate III in Visual Arts students Sarah Lim and Kiana Stafford.
For further information on the Arts Program at Atwell College please contact Ms Eileen Walter, Head of Arts.
For further information on VET qualification delivery atAtwellCollegeplease contact Mrs Pippa Ralston, VET Coordinator.
Mrs Pippa Ralston